Friday, July 19, 2013

Cognitive Fitness

At the Young Living Convention just held this past June 2013, I went to a class taught by Marc Schreuder, Vice President of Research and Formulations for Young Living. There were some interesting comments that he  made I would like to share with you in this blog post. I hope something I share will help you on your wellness path.

1. As we age, we sleep less and less.  

2. Don't take sleeping pills. They are as risky as cigarettes. According to the University of California at San Diego they take 4.8 years off your life. 

3. There is a shortage in Rosewood oil. You can't get it anymore. Because of the shortage, governments won't export this essential oil. 

4. Marc said to inhale your favorite essential oils, heat a mug, place a drop of essential oil in the warm mug, place your face over the opening and inhale. The essential oil will evaporate within five minutes. 

5. Inflammation hurts the cognitive functions. Ningxia Red is one of the best foods to take to help the body heal. 

6. Get off wheat and eat more greens!

7. Your calcium and magnesium need to be balanced. Take the MegaCal. It has a good balance.

8. A brisk walk after a meal is two times more effective!

Do yourself some good. Be happy, eat well,  breathe deeply, and enjoy nature! 








Not a member of my team? Would you like to be? Click here and join TODAY: www.youngliving.org/lamoore

2 comments:

  1. I hear #1. lol I'm lucky to get 3 hours these days, and I don't see that letting up in the near future! That's interesting about #2. I had no idea. When TJ needs help sleeping he takes Melatonin, which is natural. Hopefully that's not bad! I really need to pay more attention to my diet. Once I can start taking my regular super food again maybe that will help. It always helped me not want sugar quite as much.

    I hope that one day I can go to YL convention and learn all the cool things that you come home and talk about! Sounds like it's always an amazing experience! I'm so glad to have such a smart lady as my mother-in-law!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing a good job Kate! You probably know more about good diet and habits than I did at your age. You are a wonderful daughter-in-law!

    ReplyDelete